1. Cats– I have loved cats as long as I can remember. My older brother named a series of male orange tabby cats “Peanut Butter.” I asked my mom once how many Peanut Butters graced our lives in the late 80’s/early 90’s, and she was unsure. None of them stayed too long, a lot of them ran away. Since then, I have had several different cats. Some are a little more “special” than others (Pacey). They were all very special to me at one time. Currently, Mason is my loving cat.
2. OPI/Seche Vite– As a kid I was a nail biter. Oh, it’s true. As a teen/young adult I got where I could grow them out for a while before biting them all off. I’m so glad that I no longer bite them off, because I just love painting them! They are the greatest accessory! OPI and Seche Vite are among my favorite polishes, one is a top/base coat, and the other is color.
3. Swimming/The Beach/Sandcastles– As a kid, I always begged my parents to get hotel rooms with pools. As an adult, I often opt for hotels with pools, still. I want my future house to have a pool. I was a lifeguard for 3 years in my twenties. I just love swimming! Swimming is my favorite. Oh, and building sandcastles and hanging at the beach are cool too.
4. Laughing– I love to laugh, period.
5. Coloring– I have never outgrown my love for a box of crayons or markers and a nice color sheet. I also love making things with construction paper!
6. Sausage Balls– You know that saying, “You better get ’em while the gettin’s good?” Totally applies here. I know they are supposed to be a hors d’œuvre, but we like to make them and have them for breakfast! When made with muenster cheese, they almost taste just like a sausage biscuit from McDonald’s, which is a treat to a rural Alaskan. We like to mix up the cheese, and Joey sometimes adds garlic, in case a vampire comes for us. He just likes to follow recipes to a T.
7. Long Hair– I love my long hair! I got it cut pretty short (still past my shoulders) at the end of the summer to get rid of what was left of a dye job. It’s getting a lot longer now and I’m so happy! I just love my hair!
8. Flare Jeans– I have big feet (size 10) and big hips. My favorite jeans are flares, the bigger, the better! They help hide my hips and feet, which makes me feel better about myself. The only downside is when it’s windy out, sometimes the wind creeps up them.
9. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies– In particular, these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I do not know the girl who ate everything, but if she ever takes her blog down I will be so sad. I just love these cookies. Joey or I have made them probably a dozen times since September. Our students know all about our love for this cookie, as we have shared it with them on a few occasions. You should totes try it if you need a good cookie recipe over Christmas! I probably will! There is something “homey” about the oatmeal raisin cookie. For me, it just makes me feel all snug and warm, especially on cold, snowy, or blizzard days. Interestingly enough, I’ve always been more of Chocolate Chip Cookie lover, until I met this cookie. As with the sausage balls, sometimes things get added. The cookies in the picture actually have crushed almonds added! Yumm!
10. The Waffle Sandwich– Joey and I got really sick back in late September. It was similar to Strep Throat, our rapid strep tests came back negative, but the fever and white patches told a different story! We were both so ill and just wanted a grilled cheese. Unfortunately, neither of us had enough energy to stand over a skillet for that long. Our fatigue give rise to the waffle sandwich! All we had to do was throw the sandwich in the waffle maker and Voila! We had grilled cheese! Since, we have had grilled ham & cheese, grilled turkey, grilled roast beef, grilled sausage and grilled turkey & cheese sandwiches. I love that our waffle maker serves at least two purposes!
I bet you thought I was gonna sing about raindrops and whiskers…